Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ayla's Last Testimony

Senior Ayla Guzzardo will play her last game at the JAR tonight vs. OU. Ayla sat down and wrote some thoughts about her time here at the University of Akron.


I have only been at Akron for two years but I have really enjoyed my time in Ohio. Coming from Louisiana I really did not know what to expect. I came from a very successful junior college program, so coming to Akron was kind of scary, I knew that the program did not do well in the past but Coach Kest was so sure that we would be a winning program. So I committed to Akron in April and moved here in June. Ever since that June we have been working to get what we have today. Last year we did well but this year, I think we are surprising a lot of people. I know we have one last regular season game but I don’t think it’s over yet. We still have a lot of basketball to play. I don’t want to leave Akron, but since I don’t really have a choice I want to leave knowing that we changed the program around. I think we have changed it so far and broken many records but that’s not enough, we want more, we have worked too hard to just give up. I guess my last testimony that I would leave with Akron would be, “to remember that winning should become a habit, it should hurt to lose, but lose, learn from it, and forget it.”

- Ayla Guzzardo

No comments:

Post a Comment